Lemon Honey Glazed Shrimp with Walnuts
I am a big fan of quick Asian stir fry recipes. I am also mindful of choosing healthier ingredients in my sauces and glazes these days. This Lemon Honey Glazed Shrimp is a recipe fits in well with that goal. The core of the dish is wild caught shrimp and healthy fat laden walnuts. The lemon honey glaze is simple. It is raw honey, reduced sodium soy sauce and fresh lemon juice. Served over whole grains with vegetables, this quick walnut shrimp recipe makes a great light healthy meal, that can be ready in a flash. I actually made it today on a short break between working on renovations and waiting for my daughter's school bus.
Lemon Honey Glazed Shrimp Recipe with Walnuts
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbs raw honey
- 1 tbs low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbs fresh lemon juice
- ½ pound raw shrimp thawed and peeled
- ¼ cup walnut pieces
- Put the sesame oil in a non-stick skillet, over medium-high heat.
- Whisk together raw honey, soy sauce and lemon juice.
- As soon as the skillet is hot, drop in shrimp and walnuts. Toss quickly, then add the sauce.
- Stir until sauce starts to thicken, then remove from heat.
- Serve over whole grain and vegetables.
Looking for something a little more special? Try my Candied Walnut Shrimp with Asian Dipping Sauce & Green Apple Slaw. It's great for a special romantic dinner.