An easy to make Wendy's Chili recipe copycat that you can make right at home. My mom is a big fan of the chili at Wendy's, so it was sort of a must to find a good knock-off version of the recipe.
Wendy's Chili Recipe - Copycat version
Love Wendy's Chili, but want a nice big pot of this chili at home? Today, I have a Copycat version of the Wendy's Chili Recipe for you. Now you can make the restaurant favorite right in your own home. What could be more perfect for Game day or a special treat after a grueling afternoon of clearing snow. As a nice bonus canned beans make this an dump easy recipe to toss together, that only needs to simmer a few hours before you are enjoying. The only hands on work really involved in making this chili recipe is browning the ground beef and chopping a few vegetables.
I'm sure you will still visit Wendy's for an occasional cup of their's, but this is a great recipe when you what a full pot of chili.
I am not guaranteeing the Wendy's chili ingredients are exactly the same. My main goal here is not an identical clone of what's in Wendy's chili, rather the flavor and texture of their chili. While the recipe is geared toward the stove top it is easily adapted to make in a slow cooker. I hope you like my copycat recipe!
Can this Chili be Frozen?
Yes, this chili can absolutely be frozen to reheat and serve later.
More Copycat Recipes
A few more of your restaurant favorites to make at home.
- Olive Garden Breadsticks
- Chick-Fil-a Chicken Salad
- Starbucks Banana Bread
- Panera Bread Tomato Soup
- Choco Tacos recipe
- Chick-Fil-A Sauce Recipe
- Olive Garden Minestrone Soup Recipe
Copycat Wendy's Chili Recipe
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- ½ Yellow Onion Medium, diced
- 1 Celery Stalk diced
- ¼ Cup Poblano or Hatch Chilies roasted, skin removed and diced
- 15 oz Tomato Sauce
- 15 oz Tomatoes Can Diced
- 15 oz Kidney Beans canned, drained not rinsed
- 15 oz Pinto Beans canned, drained not rinsed
- 2 teaspoon Cumin
- 2 Tbsp. Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- In a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat brown the Ground Beef, drain and reserve 1 Tbsp. of drippings in the pot.
- Add the Onion, Celery and Chilies to the pot and cook over medium heat until the Onions start to turn translucent.
- Add the Beef. Tomato sauce, Diced Tomatoes, Kidney and Pinto beans, Cumin, Chili Powder, Black Pepper, Salt and 1 Cup water. Bring to a simmer, cover and let cook 2 ½ - 3 hours. Add water as necessary to maintain desired consistency.
- Serve hot.