Love Wendy’s Chili, but want a nice big pot of it at home? Today, I have a Copycat Wendy’s Chili Recipe for you, so you can make it happen right in your own home. What could be more perfect for Game day or a special treat after a grueling afternoon of clearing snow.
Copycat Wendys Chili Recipe
Copy Cat Wendy’s Chili
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 2 hours 45 mins
- Total Time: 2 hours 55 minutes
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- ½ Medium Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 Celery Stalk, diced
- ¼ Cup Pablano or Hatch Chilies, roasted, skin removed and diced
- 1 Can Tomato Sauce
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Can Kidney Beans, drained not rinsed
- 1 Can Pinto Beans, drained not rinsed
- 2 teas. Cumin
- 2 Tbsp. Chili Powder
- 1 teas. Black Pepper
- 1 teas. Salt
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat brown the Ground Beef, drain and reserve 1 Tbsp. of drippings in the pot.
- Add the Onion, Celery and Chilies to the pot and cook over medium heat until the Onions start to turn translucent.
- Add the Beef. Tomato sauce, Diced Tomatoes, Kidney and Pinto beans, Cumin, Chili Powder, Black Pepper, Salt and 1 Cup water. Bring to a simmer, cover and let cook 2 ½ – 3 hours. Add water as necessary to maintain desired consistency.
- Serve hot.