This creamy buttermilk dill potato salad is easy to make & light. It is lower in fat and calories than most potato salads. Dill is a classic addition to potato salad, that I love, so it is a primary flavor here.
It may seem challenging to make a creamy potato salad to compliment your barbeque meats, but it is actually easy, with the right ingredients. Low fat buttermilk adds a lot of flavor, but not much in the way of calories. Teamed with light mayonnaise and flavored vinegar it manages to be waistline friendly, while still delivering great flavor and creaminess.
Try my buttermilk dill potato salad recipe, for your next barbeque. With the calories you save swapping your typical potato salad with this reduced fat one, help yourself to another spare rib or wing!
If you liked this picnic salad try my Pea Salad and Dill Pickle Pasta salad too!
Buttermilk Dill Potato Salad Recipe
- 2 lbs potatoes cut into roughly 1 inch cubes
- ½ cup low fat buttermilk
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbs. Roasted Garlic Nakano Seasoned Rice Vinegar
- ½ tsp. Kosher salt
- ½ cup fresh dill chopped
- pepper to taste
- Boil the potatoes in salted water.
- Whisk together the rest of the ingredients.
- Once soft, drain, but do not rinse the potatoes.
- Allow them to cool a bit before mixing dressing in.
- Refrigerate for a few hours before serving the buttermilk dill potato salad.
This looks delicious. I am a big fan of dill so would love this. Love the lighter versions of the mayo and buttermilk!
Paula G says
Thanks for telling me not to rinse the potatoes. I made potato salad yesterday with my aunt's old recipe. It was much better, more like I remember hers was.