There is nothing like an easy creamy potato salad to complete a cookout spread!
Having a good easy potato salad recipe on hand is essential in barbeque season. After all, potato salad is one of those things, everyone makes it, but the results can range anywhere from an unappetizing lump of carbs, to a delightful creamy side dish you want to pile on. I used The Original Potato Salad recipe, from Hellmann's, as a template for my own version of an easy potato salad recipe. Here is a video I put together to show you how simple it is to make this creamy potato salad, that everyone will love (printable recipe below).
In my humble opinion, an essential ingredient in any successful creamy potato salad is Hellmann's mayonnaise. I have been using the Olive Oil variety of Hellmann's mayonnaise on a regular basis (either that or Hellmann's Light). They have recently made an adjustment in the recipe for the olive oil version. Hellmann's Mayonnaise Dressing with Olive Oil now contains 50% more heart healthy olive oil while still remaining lower in calories than most mayonnaise products (60 calories per serving). I also like that the company uses cage free eggs in the production of their mayonnaise. Since I have been featuring a good number of gluten free recipes here on Mom Foodie, I also would like to point out the Hellmann's mayonnaise is a gluten free product.
Want to try out the new improved Hellmann's Mayonnaise Dressing with Olive Oil yourself, stop by the Hellmann's website for a money saving coupon.
Easy Potato Salad Recipe
- 2 -2 ½ lbs. potatoes
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 2 tbs. white vinegar
- 1 ½ tsp. Kosher salt
- 1 cup Hellmann's Mayonnaise
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- ½ cup scallions chopped
- Wash the potatoes and either peel or cut off eyes and dark spots, then cut into bite sized cubes.
- Boil in lightly salted water until tender, then drain and set aside to cool.
- Add sugar and salt to vinegar and stir.
- Then whisk mayonnaise and vinegar mixture together.
- Add pepper and scallions, stir, then add the cooled potatoes.
- Fold together until the potatoes are evenly coated.
- Allow the creamy potato salad to rest in refrigerator until cold, then serve.
This is a sponsored post. Hellmann’s product and additional incentives were provided to me. All opinions stated are my own.