It doesn’t get much more ghoulish than this fun Deviled Eyeballs Halloween appetizer. It is sort of the ultimate in Halloween Party food… muhahaha.
Deviled Eyeballs: Halloween Appetizer
Deviled Eyeballs are a fun and easy Halloween appetizer, that party guests will adore.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 16 halves
- 8 hard-cooked eggs
- 2 fully ripened avocados from Mexico halved pitted, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated horseradish drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground or cracked black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper cayenne
- Peel eggs; cut in half lengthwise. Remove yolks to medium bowl; arrange whites on serving platter. To bowl of yolks, add avocados and lemon juice; mash until smooth, mixing well. Stir in horseradish, salt and peppers. Fill egg white halves with heaping tablespoon of mixture, piling high; sprinkle with herbs, if desired.
- To make devilish eyes: Mix 3 tablespoons mayonnaise and 50 drops red food coloring; spoon into small plastic bag. Cut the very tip off one corner of the bag; squeeze red mayo through the hole and pipe onto eggs. Top with sliced black olives to form eyeballs.
Calories: 79kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 93mg | Sodium: 109mg | Potassium: 155mg | Fiber: 1g | Vitamin A: 175IU | Vitamin C: 3.5mg | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 0.4mg
Recipe courtesy of Avocados from Mexico