This Italian fried rice with Chicken is an easy dinner that is a fun twist on fried rice. It is a budget friendly meal too.
I adore simple meals that don't require fussy plating to look nice. Visual appeal in meals is important for me, and this Italian Chicken Fried Rice looks yummy just scooped into a bowl. The chicken and recipe with Italian vegetables is easy as can be, and healthy too.
- ¾ - 1 lb chicken breasts sliced in thin strips
- 2 -3 x-small zucchini cut in wedges
- 1 sweet Vidalia onion generously slices
- 1 sweet red pepper cut in strips
- 1 teaspoon crushed minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 1 ½ cups jasmine rice
- 3 cups chicken stock
- Bring stock to boil in saucepan. Add rice and simmer until tender.
- Put oil in wok or saute pan on med-high heat.
- Once pan is hot add vegetables and stir fry until firm but nearly cooked through.
- Add chicken, garlic & herbs. Stir fry until chicken is fully cooked.
- Fold the cooked rice in, until thoroughly mixed.
- Serve with grated cheese.
Leftovers are great in a fritatta, with baked with melted cheese or even a splash of soy sauce.
I have never made fried rice at home because my husband is picky but this sounds so good.
Lorie Shewbridge says
I'm not a big fan of zucchini, but the rest of this sounds really yummy. I totally LOVE rice in any form.
A good mix of flavors in those ingredients. I love the fried rice.
Christina A. says
This sounds really good, healthy, and easy!
News Junkie says
This looks great ! Always looking for good rice dishes TY
Crystal @ Simply Being Mommy says
This looks great, especially since I just bought 40 pounds of chicken 😉
Bibi @ Bibi's Culinary Journey says
This looks absolutely delicious...yummy 🙂
Looks so yummy! ? Trying this one tonight!