These Oreo Eyeballs are an incredibly easy Halloween party treat. No baking, just use Oreos (or gluten free version, if you prefer), and dress them up inside out. The only heating involved is melt the red candy melts, but even this could be skipped by using one of the many red decorative icing gels available this time of year.
How to Make Oreo Eyeballs – Easy Halloween Party Treats
These are super easy and perfect for a last minute treat.
Gather these simple ingredients (as I mentioned above the candy melts could readily be swapped with a tube of red gel icing)
Twist off Oreo tops (reserve tops to make “dirt”, for other creepy Halloween treats). Create bloodshot lines by piping squiggles of red candy. Top with a Gummy Lifesaver and pop a chocolate chip point down in the middle.
Easy Peasy. Serve & let the kids enjoy!
Oreo Eyeballs are an easy treat kids will love this Halloween!
- 12 Oreos
- 12 Life Saver Gummies
- 12 Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 cup Red Candy Melting Chips
- Carefully remove tops of Oreos and save for use in another treat.
- Place on cookie sheet.
- Melt red chips by heating in a microwave for 30 seconds then stirring and repeating until smooth.
- Tranfer red candy to zippered sandwich bag and clip tiny tip for piping.
- Pipe tiny red zig zag lines from center of cookie to edges to simulate bloodshot eyes.
- Place a gummie as the iris.
- Pipe some red chocolate in the middle of the gummie to act as glue and place a chocolate chip (flat side up) to be the pupil.
- Place in refrigerator to set for 10 minutes.
Calories calculated based on one wafer removed from cookies.