This Eggnog Bundt Cake is a festive choice for the holiday season. It's even dairy free!
I make no secret of my love for eggnog, which is why I am thrilled that Silk's non-dairy Holiday Nog is now on store shelves. While I am not lactose intolerant, my mom is... and that woman thinks eggnog is what the holidays are all about. I love that Silk Holiday Nog comes in at 90 calories, considerably less than standard eggnog.
To celebrate the appearance of this treat in my local grocery store, I created a non-dairy Eggnog Bundt Cake Recipe. It is a moist semi-spongy cake with Eggnog icing drizzled over it, and the perfect mate to coffee, tea or of course a glass of Holiday Nog.
For ease, I used olive oil in this cake rather than butter to avoid dairy. Melted coconut oil would be another great option. If you are a messy baker, the pic above should make you feel a little better. I am like a whirling dervish of mess making when I bake. At least we have sweets to enjoy while cleaning up the mess right?
Eggnog Bundt Cake Recipe
- Eggnog Bundt Cake
- 3¼ cups unbleached flour
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1.25 cups Silk Egg Nog
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1¼ cup sugar
- Eggnog Icing
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbs Silk Egg Nog
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- *garnish with sprinkling of nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour bundt pan.
- Sift together: flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon & nutmeg in large bowl.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together: Holiday Nog, eggs, oil and vanilla, until eggs are well incorporated, then whisk in the sugar.
- Add the flour mixture and beat until smooth.
- Pour into bundt pan and bake for approximately 40 minutes, until pick pulls clean.
- Set aside for a few minutes, then turn onto a wire rack to cool.
- Once cool, use a bread knife to cut the bottom flat. Replace onto wire rack.
- Whisk together eggnog icing ingredients, then drizzle over the bundt cake. Use the bread knife or a spatula to help you lift cake off rack and onto cake plate.
- Sprinkle with ground nutmeg & serve.