Pumpkin biscotti is the perfect crunchy sweet fall treat to enjoy with coffee. White Chocolate Chips make this pumpkin spice biscotti recipe a bit sweeter and more festive.
Pumpkin Biscotti Cookies
These Pumpkin Biscotti with White Chocolate Chips are a crunchy treat suitable for dessert or breakfast. I think they may well be a perfect Thanksgiving dessert. I would much rather have biscotti to enjoy with my coffee over the week or more after the holiday than pie that needs to get eaten or frozen within days.
Throughout the years, I have learned many things from many different cooks, both in restaurant kitchens and in home kitchens as well. The tips, I picked up chatting face-to-face with these well seasoned cooks, are priceless. They are not the sort of thing you find in a book or surfing the web. They are precious tidbits grown from real life experience and garnished generously with the personal opinions. True morsels of wisdom.
One of my more memorable kitchen conversations, was many years ago. My friend's elderly grandmother had enlisted us to help her make cookies. While I had eaten biscotti before, I had never made them myself. This was quite some time back, and biscotti was still sort of an exotic cookie for the average American at that time (Yes, I'm showing my age). Of course, for my friend and her grandmother, this was a commonplace food.
When I inquired about what should be put in them, the wizened woman chuckled at me, and said "anything, they are just sweet biscuits". With that, and seeing how easy they really were to make, I felt licensed to do as I wished with this sweet treat. Now decades later, I think of that now passed woman, as I make these Pumpkin Biscotti with White Chocolate Chips. A recipe which owes it's first tiny ember to that conversation and the experience of making that first batch with her.
More Cookies for Thanksgiving
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Coconut Bars Recipe
- Rhode Island Cranberry Walnut Stuffed Shortbread Cookies
- Lemon Walnut Biscotti
- Cranberry Walnut Pumpkin Cookies
Pumpkin Biscotti Recipe with White Chocolate Chips
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2¼ cup unbleached flour
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder preferably ammonia-free
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅔ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together the ingredients through the sugar.
- In another bowl sift the flour, baking powder pie spice and cinnamon together, then add to the wet mixture and stir well.
- Add the white chocolate chips, knead them into the sticky dough with oiled hands or on a floured surface.
- Shape into a flat loaf (approx. 12" long x 3½-4" wide) on parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Reduce the oven to 325 degrees and remove the loaf to cool for 30 minutes.
- After cooling, cut into ¾" slices. Stand the slices up on the parchment lined baking sheet and bake an additional 30 minutes.
- Cool and serve with your favorite beverage.