This Hot Pumpkin Nog is a festive non-dairy holiday drink, that is sure to be a big hit with family and friends.
Looking for a hot satisfying sweet beverage without caffeine or dairy, but still want something creamy? I have Hot Pumpkin Nog for you today. It's sort of what would happen if pumpkin pie and egg nog had a love child, who insisted it wanted to be a hot chocolate.
I used Silk Vanilla Soy Milk in the recipe. I actually hadn't had soy milk in ages, but Silk is now Non-GMO verified. See that little butterfly on the carton (right behind the dish of pumpkin), that is your guarantee that despite the proliferance of GMO soybeans on the market, the ones used in Silk are not. It along with the eggs make this a pretty protein rich beverage too.
How to Make the Hot Pumpkin Egg Nog Beverage
It only takes a few short minutes to cook the dairy-free egg nog mixture.
Then just whisk in your pumpkin.
Pour it into cups and top with a little fresh grated nutmeg.
- 1 ½ cups Silk Vanilla Soy Milk
- 1 large egg + 1 yolk
- 3 tbs sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree canned is fine
- fresh grated nutmeg
- Pour soy milk into sauce pan. Add egg and yolk, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon salt & vanilla. Turn stove on med-high and whisk well.
- Continue to whisk regularly, just before the mixture would come to a boil you will notice it thicken and the froth at the top will start to hold it's form better. At this point remove the pan from burner and quickly whisk in pumpkin.
- Pour into serving mugs and grate nutmeg over the top
Don't forget to grab some money-saving coupons, for GMO-free Silk plant based milk products.
This conversation is sponsored by Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.