While I don't observe Lent myself, I live in a state with a huge Catholic population. Because of this, I am well acquainted with the difficulties families sometimes have sticking to their observances. After all, grabbing a few orders of take out fish & chips for dinner, may be convenient, but will completely blow your diet out of the water. Don't worry, you won't have to resort to tuna sandwiches... I've got you covered with these Fish and Vegetable Chimicangas. They are only round 300 calories per serving too!
- 8 Van de Kamps fish tenders
- 1 bag of Birdseye SteamFresh Broccoli Cauliflower & Carrots
- 4 slices of cheese singles pick ones around 40 calories per slice & NOT fat-free
- 4 large light wraps 100 calories or less
- salsa & accompaniments
- Preheat oven to 425, and cook the tenders per box directions. Remove, then turn oven up to 450.
- Place two fish tenders on one end of each wrap.
- Top each with ¼ of the vegetables, then a slice of cheese.
- Fold the top & bottom edges in and roll like a burrito. Try and get the cheese to end out towards the top, so it will melt down.
- Place the wraps on the baking sheet. The oil from baking the fish, will keep them from sticking. Coat with non-stick cooking spray, and pop them in the oven to crisp up, about 8 minutes. (Use convection is you have it, & cut crisp time down to about 5 minutes)
I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias® and Pinnacle Foods Group. All experiences and opinions, as well as the recipe presented here are my own. #cbias #SocialFabric #FishnVeggies