During the holiday season, most of us like to kick things up a notch in the kitchen. We want fun & festive food, but only have so much time & money. These “Jalapeno Popper” Meatballs don’t take very long to make, are a healthier option than actual jalapeno poppers (especially if you use ground chicken or turkey like I did) and with A Little Help for the Holidays from Kraft, inexpensive as well. The currently available Target exclusive coupons from Kraft Foods, provide added savings!
You’ll notice in the picture above the cheese oozed out a bit in these, but the one I zoomed in on was the ooziest, and even that one kept most of it’s filling inside. By mixing a bit of cream cheese in with the shredded cheddar & diced pickled jalapenos, it seemed to hold the cheese together a bit better (I’ll have to remember that trick in the future).
So make some of these fun and inexpensive Jalapeno Popper Meatballs for your next party or family gathering.
- 1 cup Kraft Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 2 oz. Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1/4 cup diced pickled jalapenos
- 1 pound ground turkey or your choice of ground meat
- 2 egg whites
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs plus some for coating
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- oil for coating
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the Kraft shredded cheddar, cream cheese & jalapenos together in bowl.
- When well mixed roll the cheese mixture into 12 one tbs size balls (slightly oiled hands helps).
- Mix the turkey, egg whites, crumbs and onion powder together well, then split into 12 equally sized patties.
- press down slightly in the center of each patty and nestle the cheese ball inside. Wrap and mold the meat to fully cover the cheese ball.
- Drop the meatballs in bread crumb and roll to create a thin coating, then mist or baste with oil and bake for 18-21 minutes.
- Serve over a pool of salsa with some sour cream. Chopped cilantro garnish is also a nice addition.
From shopping for gifts to planning family dinners, it’s hard to keep up with all your holiday to-do’s. This year, Kraft is helping out with great weeknight meals and entertaining ideas to make the season a little bit easier. Plus, Kraft is offering up to $20 in coupons, redeemable exclusively at Target, to make food shopping easier and to help you have a happy holiday season.