This Spicy Keto Tomato Dip, which I’ve dubbed Moroccan Ketchup, since it is sort of a marriage of the flavors of ketchup and harissa (a popular spicy condiment in Moroccan cuisine), is easy to make and requires very little actually cooking. There is no added sugar, which keeps the carbs pretty low in this ketchup.
It is a great addition to a holiday buffet spread,since it allows guests to spice up milder dishes if they like. The dip would serve very well on the side of hummus. It would also work well as a spread.
This spicy tomato dip is a spicy sugar free ketchup that is keto-friendly.
- 1/4 cup olive oil 1 tbs to saute onion & garlic, 3 tbs added later
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 6 oz. tomato paste
- 1/3 cup hot peppers jarred, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- Place 1 tbs oil in pan over med-high heat. Once hot add onion and garlic, and reduce to medium. Saute until light golden brown.
- Place remaining ingredients in bowl and whisk until well mixed.
- Add the sauteed onion & garlic, and mix until evenly distributed.
- Serve with garnish of fresh chopped herbs or drizzle of oil.