This Nutella Oat-Nut Bars Recipe was developed because my daughter and I are big fans of Nutella. Making a snack bar featuring not just Nutella, but also included bits of chocolate and hazelnuts really drive those flavors home, seemed a great idea. Since Nutella itself is quite sweet, I kept the cookie portion mildly sweet. Due to the nuts and oats these are fortifying enough to grab as a breakfast snack.Print
Nutella Oat-Nut Bars Recipe
- Prep Time: 6 mins
- Cook Time: 23 mins
- Total Time: 29 minutes
- 2 2/3 cups oats
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (room temp.)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped hazel nuts
- roughly 1/2 of a 13 oz. jar of Nutella
- Preheat oven to 350 degree.
- Cream together butter, brown sugar and vanilla.
- Add milk, mix. Then add oats, flour & salt.
- Once thoroughly mixed fold in the chocolate and nut, until evenly distributed.
- Place mixture in a greased 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Spread out with a silicone spatula or the back of a spoon until the surface is flat.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes.
- While still warm frost the top with Nutella.
- Serve in small bars. Size similar to fudge.