What could scream fall more than a batch of Pumpkin Apple Raisin Bran Muffins with Cinnamon Buttercream. This fall harvest muffin recipe is loaded up with pretty much all of the seasonal flavors you love!
Pumpkin Apple Raisin Bran Muffins: Just Right for Fall!
It seemed the perfect time to come up with a new muffin recipe, for the new pumpkin shaped cupcake/muffin tin I picked up recently. These Pumpkin Apple Raisin Bran Muffins are packed with real pumpkin and seasonal spices, as well as grated Granny Smith apple, raisins and bran cereal, then filled with a luscious cinnamon buttercream. They are very moist and hearty.
Pumpkin Apple Raisin Bran Muffins with Cinnamon Buttercream
- 1 cup pumpkin puree canned is fine
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup light brown sugar firmly packed
- ½ cup table sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon ground clove
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 Granny Smith apple peeled/cored/then grated
- ⅔ cup crushed wheat flake cereal such as Total
- ⅔ cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°, and grease or spray muffin tins.
- Beat pumpkin, egg, buttermilk, oil, vanilla and sugars with stand or hand mixer, until well blended.
- In separate bowl, whisk together: flour, baking powder, spices and salt.
- Slowly add the flour mixer to the pumpkin batter and mix.
- Add apple, raisins and crushed cereal. mix slowly until incorporated.
- Fill muffin tins ¾ full with batter.
- Bake for approximately 22-26 minutes.
- Turn out onto cooling rack.