A healthy apple oatmeal muffins recipe that the family is sure to love. Great grab & go breakfast, also perfect with your weekend coffee on the porch.
These moist and delicious oatmeal apple muffins with cinnamon streusel topping are a personal favorite of mine. The apple flavor is of course a favorite year round, but is especially appropriate for fall.
A neglected Granny Smith apple on the counter, led to the making of this Apple Oatmeal Muffins Recipe. As I diced it up I thought about the yumminess of apples with brown sugar and butter, and decided the classic flavors would be just the thing for some oatmeal muffins (we all know I'm a big fan of oatmeal in baking).
Always have muffin liners with these eco-friendly reusable baking cups... just pop them in the muffin tin and clean-up is a breeze.
The resulting recipe yielded 11 medium sized apple oatmeal muffins, and would probably make about 6 jumbos. Despite using just 1 Granny Smith apple, due to the small batter batch there are plenty of diced apple pieces in each muffin. I prefer the smaller batch size, since I don't really need a lot of muffins hanging around.
If you want gluten free try my Gluten-free Oatmeal Apple Muffins Recipe.
Apple Oatmeal Muffins Recipe
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup low fat buttermilk
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup Granny Smith apple roughly 1 large apple, peeled and diced
- 2 tbs soft butter
- 2 tbs light brown sugar
- ¼ cup old fashioned oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together the egg, buttermilk, melted butter, vanilla, salt and sugar.
- Add the flours, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. Mix thoroughly.
- Add the oats and chopped apples, mix until evenly distributed. Allow to rest a couple minutes, then spoon into muffin cups. Fill almost full.
- Place in oven to bake for ten minutes. In the meantime, mix together topping ingredients.
- After the ten minutes, spoon topping onto muffins.
- Bake for 12 more minutes, then remove to cool & serve.
More Yummy Oatmeal Muffins Recipes!
Here are a few more delicious and soluble fiber rich oatmeal muffin recipes for you to make.