Romano Herb Cottage Cheese Spread is such an easy recipe to make, and such a smarter option over most ready-made spreads in the market. Fresh herbs and a bit of good Romano cheese and fresh ground pepper add all the flavor you will need, and using whipped cottage cheese makes for a smooth high protein spread.
Making Romano Herb Cottage Cheese Spread
Here is a visual walk-through of making this simple cottage cheese spread. Full recipe below.
Add chopped herbs to one cup of whipped cottage cheese. Mix.
Add fresh grated Romano cheese and freshly ground pepper, then mix well.
Scoop the spread into a covered container.
Refrigerate for at least an hour for flavors to meld.
Spread onto your favorite crackers, vegetables, sandwiches, or (as shown here) homemade crostini.
Romano Herb Cottage Cheese Spread Recipe
- 1 cup whipped cottage cheese I used Friendship Dairies brand
- 2 tbs chives freshly chopped
- 2 tbs basil freshly chopped
- ½ teaspoon lemon thyme de-stemmed and chopped
- 2 tbs Romano cheese fresh grated
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Mix the herbs into the cottage cheese.
- Add the Romano cheese and pepper, mix well.
- Scoop into a container and cover.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour to meld the flavors before serving.