Horseradish-Blue Cheese Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes that's a mouthful before you've even taken a bite. I had mentioned this in my recent Walnut Crusted Salmon with Guinness Reduction recipe, and it just didn't seem right not to share the spuds recipe as well. It was extra yummy with the salmon and brussel sprouts. These blue cheese mashed potatoes would be great with steak too.
Sorry, no new pics for you, just my scribbles on the ones I already have.
If you are looking for a fuss-free way to make mashed, try my Crock Pot mashed potatoes. You can always season them as you please.
- 2 - 2 ½ lbs potatoes I used Yukon Gold
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 ½ tbs horseradish
- ⅓ cup buttermilk
- ⅓ cup crumbled blue cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- Peel & dice the potatoes, add them to pot of water over med-high heat. Cook until tender.
- Drain, then add butter and mash.
- Add the horseradish and buttermilk, mash more and stir.
- Fold in the blue cheese until evenly distributed and season to taste.
I’m glad you all think this looks good but I didn’t see one person said they actually made it like it. Is this good or not? It sounds good but not one person sounds like they actually made it