This cottage cheese potato salad recipe is easy to make and a healthy choice. It's dressing is creamy, lower fat and has extra protein!
Cottage Cheese Potato Salad
Watching fat and cholesterol, but still want a rich creamy potato salad? Try making a simple cottage cheese dressing next time. It can be made very quickly in your blender or food processor, while the potatoes are cooking. Instead of adding empty calories, you will be adding a nutritious source of protein and calcium.
Cottage Cheese Dressing
This potato salad with cottage cheese dressing teams up great with barbecue. It makes a nice contrast to the tangy and sometimes spicy flavors of the sauce. The recipe is also a great additional protein source for vegetarian family members who do eat dairy.
I used Hood's new savory Cucumber and Dill Cottage Cheese in this, so the cottage cheese itself had lots of flavor. If Hood products are not available in your area, you will need to add fresh herbs and seasonings to a good quality cottage cheese, in order to make sure your potato salad is flavorful.
I actually liked this creamy dressing so much, I will be trying another version for chicken or garden salad soon, only this time fully from scratch.
Potato Salad with Cottage Cheese Dressing
- 3 pounds potatoes baby red bliss
- 16 oz Hood Cucumber and Dill Cottage Cheese (one tub)
- ½ cup Italian dressing
- ⅔ cup scallions , sliced
- salt & pepper to taste
- Put a pot of water on to boil.
- Wash the potatoes and chop into bite size pieces.
- Boil until tender, then drain, but don't rinse, and set aside to cool.
- Add cottage cheese and dressing into blender. Pulse until smooth.
- Once the potatoes are cool, mix them together with the cottage cheese dressing, add scallions and stir until evenly mixed.
- Serve chilled.
Potato Salad Recipes
Here are a few more potato salad recipes you may enjoy.
- Instant Pot Potato Salad
- Southern Potato Salad
- Roasted Potato Salad with Dijon and Goat Cheese Dressing
- Easy Creamy Potato Salad
- Buttermilk Dill Potato Salad