Fruity Puffs Treats are an easy to make and fun and colorful dessert treat. Kids will gobble them up.
Krispie treats are nice, but these Fun & Fruity Puffs Treats will knock your kid’s socks off. Not only are the cereal treats vividly colorful, but the fruity flavor is sure to be a big hit. Whether an afternoon snack or “center of the party” food, these fruity puff krispie treats will make kids feel extra special. Don’t be surprised if you start getting regular requests for these bars. Don’t worry they are crazy easy.
Fruity Puffs Treats: Recipe
This recipe will yield a pan of 9 x13 Fruity Puffs Treats . It is an adapted recipe, inspired by a recipe from Cravings of a Lunatic. The version I’m sharing with you today has fewer marshmallows and uses Walmart’s brand of cereal instead of Trix, because the colors seemed more vivid. These changes make this already inexpensive fun dessert cost even less!
- ¼ cup ½ stick butter
- 10 ounce bag of mini marshmallows
- 10 cups Great Value Fruity Puffs you can also use Trix cereal but I liked the bright colors in the Walmart brand
- Grease a 9 x 13 baking pan (or coat with your favorite baking spray). Set aside.
- In a glass bowl, add the butter and marshmallows and microwave for 2-2 ½ minutes or until the marshmallows are melted. Stir halfway through the cooking time with a rubber or silicone spatula.
- Add the cereal and stir (with your rubber or silicone spatula) to evenly coat with the marshmallow mixture.
- Pour the coated cereal mixture into your greased pan. Using a spoon or spatula, press the mixture down into the pan
- Cool, then cut evenly into squares.
What fun & colorful treats do your kids love?