Today, I have a fun St. Patrick's Day Popcorn Recipe for you. Dubbed Leprechaun popcorn, it is an easy to make green and white chocolate covered popcorn snack with green mint M&Ms and St. Patrick's day sprinkles.
St. Patrick's Day Popcorn Recipe
This St. Patrick’s Day Popcorn recipe is quite easy to make. It only takes a few minutes, but the results are a fun St. Patrick's day snack both kids and adults will enjoy. The green & white chocolate covered Leprechaun Popcorn with M&Ms is equally perfect for a kids St. Patrick’s Day celebration, as it is for a fun grown-up snack to share at the office. Make some Green Velvet Cupcakes or Guinness Brown Bread as well and cover all your celebration bases.
Saint Patrick’s Day Leprechaun popcorn is both a sweet and salty snack to celebrate the holiday with. I personally love the way the salty popcorn counters the sweet taste of the chocolate.
Grab Your Supplies Now to Make the Easter Version.... Don't Wait.
Just go through the image or title below if you would like to check it out.
Leprechaun Popcorn Recipe
The Leprechaun Popcorn recipe is made with chocolate candy melts, in St. Patrick's day colors. First drizzle the melts on the popcorn and toss to make the green chocolate covered popcorn. Then drizzle the white chocolate candy melts over the popcorn and top with St. Patrick's day sprinkles and green mint M&Ms.
I prefer to serve the St. Patrick’s Day Popcorn on a platter, since all the preparation other than coating the popcorn in green chocolate can be done right on the platter. I think it makes a nice presentation, but if you will be placing in individual bowls or bags, then using a baking sheet will work just as well.
Grab Some Supplies!
St. Patrick's Day Popcorn Recipe: Leprechaun Popcorn
- 1 bag of microwave popcorn light or regular butter (full sized, not snack)
- 1 cup green chocolate candy melts*
- ½ cup white chocolate candy melts*
- St. Patrick's Day sprinkles
- Green Mint M&Ms
- Pop the popcorn and remove the unpopped kernels.
- Place the candy melts in small bowls or glass measuring cups, one for each color.
- Microwave the green candy for 40 seconds then stir, repeat in 20 second intervals until melted and smooth. (takes 1-2 minutes dependent on melt brand and your microwave).
- Drizzle the melted green chocolate candy over of the bowl of popcorn and toss to coat (use a silicone spatula to ensure you get it all out.) Toss the popcorn with your hands until nicely coated. Then spread out onto a large serving platter (or baking sheet, if you are going to bag the popcorn up after). Optional* Add some green sugar sprinkles at this point.
- Melt the white candy melts and drizzle over the platter of popcorn, immediately top generously with St. Patrick's themed candy sprinkles. They will adhere to the melted white chocolate candy.
- Finally, toss on the M&Ms. Allow the Leprechaun Popcorn to cool a few minutes before serving.