Chocolate Guinness Cupcakes with Bailey’s Frosting are a great St. Patrick’s Day dessert to celebrate the holiday. The recipe is easy and chocolately cupcakes with creamy Bailey’s frosting are sure to please everyone. The amount of alcohol is minimal, as most in the cupcakes will bake off & their is 2 tbs total in the frosting. So no one should get drunk on these…like my Still Kickin’ Bailey’s Pound Cake might).
Making Chocolate Guinness Cupcakes with Bailey’s Frosting
Chocolate Guinness Cupcakes with Bailey's Frosting
- 1/3 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 6 oz Guinness
- 1/4 cup melted Butter
- 1/2 tbsp Vanilla
- 1 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 tbsp Bailey's Irish Cream
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Whisk together cocoa, sugar, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, combine the Guiness, melted butter and vanilla.
- Beat in eggs and sour cream until combined and smooth.
- Slowly add dry ingredients into the wet mixture.
- Line muffin pan with paper liners.
- Fill each about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
- Cream butter until fluffy.
- Slowly add powdered sugar.
- Add Bailey's until right consistency is achieved.
- Transfer to piping bag and frost cupcakes.
- Dust with a little cocoa powder if desired.