Guinness Bread is a wonderful treat any time of year, but with St. Patrick’s Day coming up it is even more enticing. This easy bread recipe is perfect to make for breakfast or brunch, and goes very well with stews and baked beans too (like brown bread). No worries, the alcohol cooks off in baking, so the kids can enjoy some of the Guinness Bread as well.
St. Patrick’s day Goodies!
Guinness Green Collection Pint Glasses – Set of 2The Mountain Cotton Green Irish Fairy Kitten Novelty Adult T-Shirt (Green)Meri Meri St. Patrick’s Day Cupcake KitGuinness Green Gaelic Label TeeMini Shamrock SprinklesSt. Patrick’s Day Lucky Green Kitchen Dish Towels Pot Holder Oven Mitt Set, 4Pc.: Keep Calm and Get Your Irish On!
Making Guinness Bread
It is quite easy to make Guinness bread. Full recipe below.
Mix together the milk and vinegar, set aside.
Add the wet ingredients, mix well and pour in a greased loaf pan, sprinkle with oats and bake. Cool before serving. (full directions below)Print
Guinness Bread Recipe
Hearty Guinness Bread is perfect for breakfast, or along with stew or baked beans.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 50 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Category: Brunch
- Cuisine: Irish
- 1 cup Rolled Oats
- 2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup melted Butter
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- 12 oz Guinness
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Grease a loaf pan.
- Combine milk and vinegar and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Mix together 3/4 cup of oats, flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, stir together the butter, vanilla, milk mixture and Guinness.
- Add dry mixture into the liquid mixture, and stir until blended.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle top with remaining oats.
- Bake 30 minutes, then reduce temperature to 400 and bake for additional 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool in pan for 30 minutes before moving to a wire rack.