Scones are one of my favorite breakfast foods, and this Strawberry Blueberry Scones Recipe is a perfect way to introduce scones to your regular baking repertoire. These would make a lovely addition to your Mother’s Day or Easter Brunch plans. The berries are sure to make them appealing to the kids too.
Fresh or frozen strawberries & blueberries are used in this scones recipe, so you can make them year round without issue. This is especially important if you are trying to use organic produce, as fresh organic berries can be hard to find and quite expensive off-season.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ½ cup frozen or fresh strawberries
- ¼ cup frozen or fresh blueberries
- 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and 1 tsp sugar.
- Pat dry frozen berries to remove excess moisture and stir into mixture.
- Add cream and stir until the mixture just comes together.
- Knead the dough a few times.
- Pat the dough into a flat round about one inch thick and cut into eight wedges. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tsp of sugar.
- Place wedges on a baking sheet and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until the tops are golden brown.
- Serve immediately or cover and keep at room temperature for up to 3 days.