Make some Unicorn Candy with your kids! These White Chocolate Rainbow Unicorn Treats are fun to just make and eat, but they also make fantastic party favors for a Unicorn Party!
Unicorn Candy is crazy easy to make and it isn’t just perfect for Unicorn Birthday parties. These decorated white chocolate candies are also nice for wedding or baby showers, just select the appropriate colors for your celebration.
Kids love making them. Those old enough to use the microwave and handle hot foods can make this edible craft themselves. Younger kids can still participate too though. Just set up the candies and let them sprinkle on the toppings as you pour the chocolates.
It would even be a great activity for a birthday party. Let each child make a few and take them home in a little baggy at the end of the party once they are fully cooled.
How to Make Unicorn Candy Treats
Making Unicorn Candies is easy. Here is a simple visual guide to how to make them. Full printable recipe card below.
What You Need
- white chocolate melts or white almond bark
- colorful M&Ms
- Sixlets candies
- microwave safe bowl
- mini mini tin and liners
First melt your white chocolate. I use a microwave in about 20-30 second intervals, but if you are making a large batch of the candies a double boiler approach may be more practical.
Fill a mini cupcake pan with liners. Pour a half tablespoon of the white chocolate into each mini liner.
Sprinkle on an assortment of colorful candies and sprinkles.
Allow to cool at room temperature until firm.
More Unicorn Party Ideas
Rainbow Unicorn Dessert Cups – Finding Zest
Unicorn Marshmallow Pops – The Suburban Mom
Strawberry Fluff Salad (use rainbow marshmallows)
- mini muffin tin
- microwave safe bowl
- Melt the white chocolate or almond bark in the microwave or over a double boiler.
- For the microwave, heat in 25 second increments, stir well, then reheat as necessary.
- Let the chocolate cool a bit as you place your small cupcake liners in your mini muffin tin.
- Add a half tablespoon of white chocolate to each cupcake liner, then top with an assortment of unicorn toppings - M&Ms, Sixlets, and sprinkles.
- Let the chocolate set for 1 hour before popping out of the tin and serving.
- Avoid the temptation to refrigerate the chocolates to have them set faster as that will cause it to sweat when returned to room temperature.