A classic Strawberry Jello Salad Recipe. Strawberry Fluff Salad is the perfect easy dessert salad to bring to parties, picnics, and potlucks. The fruit salad has indeed been classic fare for events such as these for decades now.
Fresh strawberries with strawberry gelatin, pudding, whipped topping. marshmallows and crushed pineapple make this easy dessert salad a delight for the taste buds. The easy no bake preparation is great for summer and the hectic holiday season, as well.
If you need more than one dessert salad, try my Snickers Apple Salad too. It is also a fabulous choice to bring to the cookout!
Strawberry Fluff Salad
This Strawberry Fluff Jello Salad is a fun summer dessert that is also popular during the holidays.
I know some of you have qualms about using boxed puddings and Cool Whip. I'm usually a fan of making things from scratch, but when you need a quick tasty dessert to bring to a cook out this strawberry fluff salad does the trick.
Fluff is always a hit at a parties. So make a batch of this easy strawberry jello salad recipe to take with you,you won't regret it. Give the people what they want I say and one of my best friends is in love with this jello salad recipe...lol.
The strawberry fluff salad is classic picnic food that doesn't fail. Can't you almost smell the strawberries and marshmallow through the picture of the fruit salad.
Strawberry Jello Salad Recipe: Making
This is a quick visual walk-through showing how to make this strawberry fluff recipe. Full printable recipe below.
Here are all the ingredients you will need to make the strawberry fluff salad:
- frozen whipped topping
- sliced fresh strawberries (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- mini marshmallows
- instant vanilla pudding mix
- crushed pineapple
- strawberry flavor jello
In one bowl, prepare the strawberry jello.
First add the boiling water to dissolve the Jello powder, then add ice to cool it down and thicken it.
In a separate large bowl mix pineapple and vanilla pudding. Then add strawberries (reserving a few slices for the top), cool whip and mini marshmallows and mix well.
Finally, break up the jello and stir it into the rest of the strawberry fluff salad mixture. Top with additional strawberries.
Cover the mixing bowl tightly with plastic wrap and keep the strawberry jello salad in the fridge until ready to serve.
While you can make it with frozen strawberries, I do encourage you to use fresh strawberries in the recipe if possible. They will provide better texture in the dessert salad.
A stiffened whip cream could be used, but honestly the Cool Whip will hold up better, particularly if you want the salad to last longer than a couple hours. Adding some softened cream cheese along with the cream would help it hold up.
Party Favorite Anytime of Year
While one of everyone's favorite summer salad recipes this pot luck staple is great for holiday parties as well! The strawberry fluff salad is an easy dessert to make and travels well.
Looking for more desserts you don't need to bake? Check out my No Bake Dessert Recipes!
Strawberry Fluff Salad: Strawberry Jello Salad Recipe
- 3 ounce strawberry jello gelatin (small box)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup crushed Ice
- 20 oz Crushed Pineapple
- 3 oz Instant Vanilla Pudding mix (small box)
- 16 oz Strawberries (fresh, trimmed and sliced)
- 4 cup Mini Marshmallows
- 8 oz thawed Cool Whip whipped topping
- Add contents of the gelatin package to a medium bowl.
- Stir in boiling water with the jello until dissolved.
- Pour crushed ice into the bowl and stir until the ice has melted.
- Place into refrigerator for 10 minutes or until it begins to set.
- Pour crushed pineapple and juices along with vanilla pudding into a large bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add the strawberries, mini marshmallows and cool whip. Mix well.
- Use a spoon to break up the strawberry jello and add it to the Cool Whip mixture. Mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.