These Valentine Meringue Cookies are perfect if you are looking for a pretty gluten-free, nut-free, dairy-free Valentine's Day Treat. These little Pink Heart Meringues are sure to capture their hearts.
Valentine Meringue Cookies
These charming heart shaped meringue cookies are a great solution when you need a Valentine's Day treat that is gluten, dairy and/or nut free. Of course, they are lovely for those of us without allergies too, but these are nearly all inclusive. They are a great choice for a Valentine's Day Party.
The meringues would also serve well as cake decorations or cupcake toppers.
If you are looking for something softer, that can be eaten with a fork, try my mini Pavolas. The meringue remains tender inside on those and can be topped with whipped cream, fresh fruits, curds and jams.
How to Make Meringue Cookies in Heart Shape
Meringue cookies are easier to make than you might expect... if you have patience. Here is a quick visual guide to making the meringues and full printable recipe card at the bottom.
Start by preheating oven to 200 degrees and lining your baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone liner.
Here are all the ingredients you will need to make these Valentine's Day Meringue Cookies.
Start beating the eggs and lemon juice, then gradually add sugar while beating.
Once you have stiff peaks, add the food coloring and mix in thoroughly.
Scoop the beaten mixture into a piping bag.
Pipe out the heart shapes as shown. Make two swoops to create the outline, then squeeze a little of the meringue mixture in to fill the heart in. No fancy skills need. You've got this.
Top with sprinkles and bake for 2 hours. Shut off oven and allow to cool inside the oven for about 40 minutes before removing. This step is what keeps them from flopping.
Then remove from oven and make sure they fully cool to room temperature on a wire cooling rack before storing or serving.
Valentine Meringue Cookies Recipe
- 4 egg whites room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon lemon juice
- Red gel food coloring
- Red sprinkles
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 200 degrees F. Set aside.
- Attach your whisk beater to your electric mixer, beat eggs on medium speed. Add lemon juice.
- Gradually increase to high speed and keep mixing while slowly adding the sugar.
- Once stiff peaks form, add one small drop of the gel food coloring.
- Attach your 1M Wilton tip to a piping bag and draw out a heart outline on your lined baking sheet. Then, fill each one in.
- Garnish with red sprinkles.
- Bake for two hours. Once two hours has set turn off heat and let sit in the oven for 35-45 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool on a wire rack. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply