You will be hard pressed to find a more flavorful appetizer recipe than these Barbecue Bacon Wrapped Chicken Wings! The wings are wrapped in bacon and baked in the oven then slathered with barbeque sauce in the final minutes of baking. The results are crispy, smokey, sweet and outright delicious!
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Wings
These baked chicken wings are wrapped in bacon and basted with barbecue sauce.
Make Chicken Wings Wrapped in Bacon
Here is a pictorial guide to the steps of making these BBQ Bacon Wrapped Chicken Wings.
Preheat the oven, then season the wings.
Mix up the barbecue sauce baste.
Wrap wings in half slices of bacon and bake on a lined baking pan for 15-20 minutes on each side.
Place the baked bacon wrapped wings on a rack over the parchment.
Baste with the BBQ glaze.
Broil the chicken wings just until glaze is caramelized.
Keto Bacon Chicken Wings
The only change needed to make this recipe low carb/keto is to swap the regular barbecue sauce for a sugar-free version (It was originally developed as a Keto-friendly recipe.). They will then have about 3 net carbs per serving. Calorie count will be lower as well. Team them with some Baked Asparagus, Cauliflower Tots or Cauliflower Rice Pilaf for a low carb meal.
BBQ Bacon Wrapped Chicken Wing Recipe
- 3 lb chicken wings Bag of frozen, defrosted
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup BBQ sauce use sugar-free for low carb dieters
- 2 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon Minced garlic
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the defrosted and dried chicken wings, 1 tablespoon olive oil, the paprika, garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste. Toss to combine and coat well.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the sugar free BBQ sauce, minced garlic and soy sauce. Stir to combine and set aside for later use.
- Cut the bacon slices in half.
- Wrap one half of a slice of bacon around each of the seasoned chicken wings, and place onto a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes on one side, remove from the oven, flip over, and cook for an additional 15-20 minutes on the other side.
- Remove the cooked wings from the oven, and change the oven temperature to broil.
- Place the chicken wings onto a rack to raise them above the drippings on the baking sheet, or leave them as is if desired.
- Brush a thick layer of the barbecue sauce mixture onto each chicken wing.
- Return the wings to the oven, and broil for 1-2 minutes until the sauce has caramelized on the wings.
- Remove and serve immediately with your favorite keto-friendly sides or dipping sauces.