Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Bites make for an easy appetizer guests will adore.
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites
Mmmm.... these Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites are a savory delight of an appetizer featuring so many of my favorites. I found the recipe on the Kraft Recipe Hub on the Walmart website. After trying it, I can confirm that it is easy and perfect for holiday gatherings. The appetizer is packed with flavor, not messy to eat, and quite portable.
Crispy salty bacon, marinated chicken, gooey cheese and a crisp cracker topped with a sprinkle of fresh chopped parsley, what more could one want in an appetizer? Well, you can prep and broil the bacon wrapped chicken beforehand, then pop them on the cracker and cheese and bake a few minutes, to have hot appetizers or party h'ordeuvres ready in a flash!
I like that I was able to grab the ingredients you need right at my local Walmart. My daughter and I zipped in early in the morning and grabbed what I didn't already have at home.
... I already had a block of cheese, chicken breast meat, and due to a mild start to winter, picked the parsley right out of my garden.
I loved how simple the marinate was to prepare. It is just spicy mustard and Worcestershire sauce. The chicken is then marinated for 30 minutes, before being removed from the sauce to be wrapped in bacon and broiled. These little bacon wrapped chicken bits top off a Ritz cracker with melted Vermont cheddar. A sprinkle of fresh parsley finishes the dish off.
Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Bites
- 3 Tbsp. GREY POUPON Savory Honey Mustard divided
- 2 Tbsp. LEA & PERRINS Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 large boneless skinless chicken breast 6 oz., cut into 24 pieces
- 8 slices OSCAR MAYER Bacon cut into thirds
- 4 oz. CRACKER BARREL Vermont Sharp-White Cheddar Cheese cut into 12 slices
- 24 RITZ Crackers
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh parsley
- MIX 2 Tbsp. mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Add to chicken in shallow glass dish; toss to coat. Refrigerate 30 min. to marinate. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade.
- HEAT broiler. Wrap bacon around chicken; secure with toothpicks. Broil, 4 inches from heat, 10 min. or until bacon is crisp and chicken is done, turning after 5 min.
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Remove toothpicks. Cut cheese slices in half. Place crackers on baking sheet; top with cheese. Bake 4 to 5 min. or until melted. Top with chicken and remaining ingredients.