This Chicken Broccoli Cheese Casserole is perfect for a quick weeknight meal. It is super easy comfort food to prepare and can be eaten alone or with a side of rice, pasta or potato.
Chicken Broccoli Cheese Casserole
The cheesy chicken broccoli bake is quite simple to make and very satisfying. It is one of the easiest chicken casseroles I’ve made. It is simply cooked chicken, broccoli florets, condensed cheese soup, a little milk and French onions.
What to do with Leftover Chicken
Store bought rotisserie chicken is quite delicious when you buy it hot. Once it has gone in the fridge, I think it needs a bit of help to be palatable though. I often make copycat chik-fil-a chicken salad or keto chicken salad, but sometimes I am just not in the mood for something cold. For warm meal options, I like to turn to comfort food options such as Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Pasta or this casserole. Of course, chicken quesadillas are a quick and easy option too (toss in some canned black beans to extend the chicken if needed).
How to Make Chicken Broccoli Cheese Casserole
Here is a visual guide to making this simple casserole recipe. The printable recipe card below has full measures and directions.
Here are all the ingredients you will need to make the casserole.
Put the broccoli, chicken, and soup in a mixing bowl.
Then mix together with the milk.
Scoop into a baking dish and bake for 25 minutes.
Top with the French onions and bake for 5 more minutes, for a total of 30 minutes bake time.
Serve straight from casserole over a starch or as is, for a lighter meal.
This easy chicken casserole recipe is a great way to use up leftover rotisserie chicken.
- 5 oz. can of cheddar cheese soup
- ½ cup milk
- 16 oz. of cooked broccoli
- 1 can french fried onions about 2 cups
- 8 oz. cut up rotisserie chicken
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a 2-quart casserole baking dish with non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the soup, milk, broccoli and chicken. Pour into the 2-quart dish and bake for 25 minutes.
- Top the casserole with french fried onions and bake for another 5 minutes.