This Baked Maple Donuts Recipe with Maple Glaze may be your answer to the perfect homemade fall breakfast pastry. Grab a cup of coffee and enjoy!
Maple glazed donuts are one of my daughter’s favorite donuts. I’m a little extra keen on them myself as well. In this recipe the maple donuts are baked rather than fried, which is not only lower in fat, but far less hassle to prepare. The combination of maple batter and maple glaze really let the maple flavor shine through in these donuts too.
Baked Maple Donuts: Perfect Fall Brunch Recipe
Making a batch of this baked maple donuts recipe doesn’t take very long at all. I think they are a great alternative to making waffles, which need to be made in multiple batches. While the baked donuts do need to cool off before applying the maple glaze. The entire batch is ready at once so everyone can eat together without someone’s food getting cold, making them a great choice for brunch gatherings. They are also the perfect match to delight in while sipping a hot coffee on a chilly fall day.Print
Baked Maple Donuts with Maple Glaze
Baked Maple Donuts which are also topped with a Maple Glaze. Perfect for fall.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 2 Cups flour
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 Tsp nutmeg
- 2 Tsps baking powder
- ¾ Cup buttermilk
- 2 Eggs
- ½ Cup butter, softened
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ Cup maple syrup
Maple Spice Glaze:
- ½ Cup maple syrup
- 1 Cup confectionery sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 350F and prepare a donut baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and baking powder.
- In another bowl, mix the buttermilk, egg, butter, vanilla, and maple syrup.
- Pour half of the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix well. Then add the remaining mixture and mix until smooth.
- Scoop the batter into the donut pan cavities. Fill to the top.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl combine the glaze ingredients (maple syrup, sugar, cinnamon, and butter) and stir until smooth.
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow the baked donuts to cool.
- Dip one side of each maple donut in the glaze.
- Serve and enjoy.