This Meyer Lemon Chicken Recipe is easy. The Chicken is tossed in a casserole with potatoes, Meyer lemons, tomato, rosemary. thyme and capers for a delicious rustic meal! The recipe can also be prepared as a sheet pan meal.
How to Make Meyer Lemon, Chicken and Potatoes Casserole
There is just something about Meyer lemons that makes my foodie heart go aflutter. They have the tartness of lemon, yet are tempered by some long ago liaison with and orange of some sort. Sort of like grapefruit sans bitterness. I felt confident butter and herbs would make a lovely sauce with these special lemons and I was right.
The sauce itself was very simple, and the presentation was sort of rustic, since I pretty much just tossed everything in the casserole dish and topped it off with Meyer lemon slices, capers and some fresh rosemary and thyme from my garden.
The resulting chicken dinner, is a flavor packed delight. The Meyer lemon has a bright sunshine tanginess, and the capers deliver a little salty kick here and there. The buttery flavor evens out the sauce a bit too.
Yes, but the regular lemon chicken bake will not have the nuisance of flavors but is a good solution if you can't find Meyer lemons.
Baked Meyer Lemon, Chicken & Potatoes
- large casserole dish or baking sheet
- ¼ cup butter , spread or olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 Meyer Lemons One juiced, one sliced
- 1 pound chicken tenders , chicken breasts or boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 pound gold potatoes diced
- 4 small tomatoes quartered
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- fresh rosemary
- fresh thyme
- 2 tbs capers
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Melt the butter, and mix in the chopped garlic cloves and juice of one lemon, to make sauce.
- Place the chicken and potatoes in casserole dish, and add the sauce. Sprinkle on salt and pepper. Mix to coat.
- Scatter the tomatoes over the chicken and potatoes, then top with slices of the lemon.
- Place sprigs of rosemary and small pieces of thyme over the top, then sprinkle with capers.
- Bake uncovered for 30-40 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are cooked and golden brown at edges, but not mushy.