Baked Buffalo Chicken on a Stick is an easy recipe that is very budget conscious. I have been purchasing organic chicken for the most part lately, and this still cost less, than ordering take-out chicken fingers and fries for my daughter and I. Choosing Hellmann’s Light or their reduced fat Olive Oil mayonnaise, and teaming it with oven fries and a tomato herb salad, makes for a healthy moderate fat meal. I skewered the chicken on a stick, as suggested in the recipe notes, and reduced the amount of cayenne by half (more 4 year old friendly that way). We enjoyed it very much. I bet your family will too.
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper or to taste
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast cut unto strips
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs plain
- 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise and cayenne pepper in small bowl; reserve 1/2 for dipping. Combine breadcrumbs with parsley. Coat chicken with remaining mayonnaise mixture, then coat with bread crumbs. Arrange chicken on baking sheet.
- Bake chicken 12 minutes or until chicken is golden brown and thoroughly cooked. Serve with reserved dipping sauce.
For a fun twist, serve cooked chicken strips on wooden skewers (as I did here). Also terrific with Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® Canola Cholesterol Free Mayonnaise. Cost per recipe*: $6.80 Cost per serving*: $1.70 *Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
For nutritional information for this recipe visit: https://www.hellmanns.us/promotions/chickenchallenge/recipe-mouthwatering-baked-buffalo-chicken.aspx. Be sure to check out the rest of the recipes on their as well. They have a significant collection to browse.
From now until April 30, 2012, parents across the country can participate in the Hellmann’s®Chicken Change-up by trying one of the featured Hellmann’s® chicken recipes, sharing their recipe reviews and providing their own advice for managing dinnertime obstacles. After participating, consumers can enter into a sweepstakes for the chance to win a $5000 grocery store gift card and other daily prizes.
This is a sponsored post. Hellmann’s product and additional incentives were provided to me. All opinions stated are my own.