While I frequently espouse the virtues of cooking from scratch, I do realize many people do not have a ton of time to put into prepping dinner, and need easy dinner recipes. This recipe for roast chicken breasts and potatoes does take a bit of time in the oven, but prep work is easy. It basically amounts to cutting potatoes, whisking together a few marinate ingredients and coating the chicken and potatoes with it. Zap a steamer bag of veggies to serve along with it, and dinner will be on the table in an hour, with some time in between to get a few other things done… or even relax 😉Print
Roast Chicken Breasts and Potatoes Recipe
Roast chicken breasts and potatoes is an easy dinner recipe, that will satisfy the whole family.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 48 mins
- Total Time: 58 minutes
- Yield: 4
- 4 large chicken breasts (bone-in, skin on)
- 6-8 med size potatoes (Yukon Gold or red-skinned are best)
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp dry thyme
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 clove of garlic (crushed minced)
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 2 tbs. rice wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Dice the potatoes and put in large mixing bowl.
- Whisk together the salt, spices, garlic, oil and vinegar.
- Pour most of mixture over the potatoes, and mix to coat them.
- Scoop out the potatoes and place in large baking dish or roast pan.
- Add the rest of the spice sauce to mixing bowl, then put in chicken breasts, and coat them well.
- Put the breasts on top of the potatoes bone side down. Cover dish snugly with foil, and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 8-10 minutes to brown chicken. Reserve the foil.
- Remove the chicken so it doesn’t dry out. Put on the foil and wrap loosely (It will be warm and perfectly rested when the potatoes are done).
- Stir the potatoes, then put them back in the oven, raise temp to 450, and bake for 8-10 more minutes.
- Serve with vegetable of choice.
*I kept the spice blend for this recipe relatively mild, but a bit of cayenne would be a great addition, if your family can take the heat.
*Reduce bake time for smaller chicken breasts.