If you are looking for an easy vegetarian recipe for Halloween Dinner, try this simple pasta recipe. The colors of the holiday are well represented with the Black & White Striped Farfalle and the bright orange of the butternut squash. Kale adds texture and extra nutrients to the dish and shrimp or chicken could easily be included as well, if you simply must have a protein.
Get Your Beautiful Black and White Striped Bow Tie Pasta
Save yourself a potentially fruitless local hunt for this gourmet pasta, order it now.
A great choice for either a Halloween dinner for the adults with a nice glass of sauvignon blanc or something festive for the kid’s to enjoy before running out to partake in holiday activities.Print
Vegetarian Halloween Dinner: Black & White Striped Farfalle with Butternut Squash and Kale
Black & White Striped Farfalle with Butternut Squash and Kale is a vegetarian recipe perfect for Halloween dinner.
- Prep Time: 8 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 3-4
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Italian
- 6 oz package of black and white farfalle (bow ties)
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 cups diced butternut squash
- 2 cups chopped kale, Tightly packed
- 1 large clove of garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt
- grated parmesan cheese to top
- Put water for pasta on to boil, and place a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the pasta to al dente.
- Once the skillet is hot put 1/2 tablespoon of the olive oil in, then the butternut squash, kale and garlic. Stir, then reduce heat to medium and cover to cook until squash is nearly fork tender. Then stir, and cook uncovered for approximately 2 more minutes. Remove from burner.
- Add the remaining oil and the pasta. Toss gently and serve topped with grated Parmesan.