I love pretty much anything buffalo style, but am trying to trim down a bit for spring, so I needed a low calorie snack version tonight. This Buffalo Roasted Cauliflower recipe is super simple, just 2 ingredients other than the cauliflower, Buffalo sauce and Italian dressing!
This Buffalo Cauliflower is low in calories and glycemic load, making it a fantastic choice for dieters. The vegetable is an excellent natural source for Fiber, Vitamin C and Vitamin K. It also supplies a notable amount of folate, B6, potassium and magnesium. So, these are not empty calories. I would like to note: The sauce and dressing are likely to be pretty high in sodium, so if water retention or high blood pressure are issues for you, one of my other roasted cauliflower recipes might be better suited.
Enough nutrition info, I know it is probably mumbo-jumbo for many of you. Most people are just happy to say they ate their veggies. On to the snacking...
- 1 head of cauliflower
- ⅓ cup Buffalo hot sauce
- ¼ cup light Italian dressing don't use fat-free, half the point of adding this is to supply a little oil for roasting
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut the florets into a large bowl.
- Whisk together the Buffalo sauce and dressing, then drizzle half over cauliflower.
- Mix the cauliflower well, then drizzle on the rest of the sauce, and mix again to coat well.
- Spread the cauliflower out on a baking sheet (or roasting pan).
- Put in the oven and roast for 10 minutes, turn the cauliflower, and roast another 10 minutes.
- Serve by itself, or with a blue cheese dressing that fits with your diet.