What could be a nicer more comforting breakfast for a tea lover than a warm bowl of Chai Oatmeal. Today I have the recipe for you, so you can make it for yourself or someone you love. Non-dairy and gluten-free if you get the GF certified oats.
This non-dairy oatmeal recipe features freshly ground chai spices for outstanding flavor. What a great way to start the day!
If you liked this, try my Chai Cookies!
Chai Oatmeal Recipe
- ½ C. oats
- ½ C. almond milk
- ¼ C. water
- 2 tea bags
- Coffee filter and string
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 piece of ginger
- 7 cardamom pods
- ¼ tsp black peppercorns
- Crack the peppercorns and cardamom a bit in a mortar and pestle (or a bowl with the back of a spoon).
- Add the peppercorns and cardamom to a coffee filter with the nutmeg, cinnamon and ginger and tie with a string.
- In a medium pot, add almond milk, water, tea bags and the DIY spice bag. Steep over low heat for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags and coffee filter packet. Discard.
- Add oats and turn heat up to low-medium.
- Simmer the oats for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Lower the heat if it starts to boil.
- Serve with maple syrup or a splash of almond milk.