Keto Crackers Spiced Up!
Adding a bit of Cajun seasoning to these Keto cheese crackers gives them a more flavorful zing without adding unnecessary carbs. Cheese and little heat go great together!
The Keto cheese crackers are easy to make and only 3 carbs per ample serving of 12 crackers.
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Cheddar jack cheese
- 2 tbsp Cream cheese
- 1 Egg
- 3/4 cup Almond flour
- Cajun seasoning to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In a microwave safe mixing bowl, combine the mozzarella, cheddar jack and cream cheese.
- Place the bowl of cheese into the microwave for 1 minute. Remove the bowl and stir the cheese. If it is not completely melted, return it to the microwave for 30 second intervals until it is a smooth mouldable ball.
- Once melted, add ¾ of a cup of almond flour to the mixing bowl. Stir to combine the mixture well. It will be stiff, but just keep stirring. You can return the bowl to the microwave for 30 seconds to loosen up the cheese mixture if needed.
- When you have combined the flour with the cheese, mix in Cajun seasoning to taste. Mix evenly throughout all of the dough.
- Mix in 1 beaten egg. It will take a few minutes of stirring to fully incorporate the egg into the mixture.
- Place the ball of dough between two large sheets of waxed paper and roll out to flatten it into a thin sheet. You can adjust the thickness or thinness of the layer of dough depending on how thick you would like your crackers to be. Keep in mind that they will rise a little when baking.
- Use a cookie cutter or sharp knife to cut the dough into roughly 72 cracker squares.
- Peel the individual crackers off of the wax paper, and place them on a lined baking sheet. Be sure that none of the crackers are touching each other, or they will fuse together when baking.
- Bake the crackers for 5 minutes, remove them from the oven and turn them over, then bake them for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove the crackers and place on cooling rack. Once cool, they are ready to serve.