These Cherry Cobbler Bars were inspired by a few different images of Cherry Bars floating around the web lately (especially one from The Recipe Critic). I usually prefer a made-from-scratch approach, but I’ve had a can of cherry pie filling sitting around in the pantry for some time now and I wanted something I could put together easily, since I had company coming & chores to do. I whipped together a simple impromptu batter, that was sort of halfway between a pound cake and a pancake, spread some at the bottom of a baking dish, topped with the cherry pie filling and dollops of batter (like little dumplings), then popped it in the oven.
The dessert was still a little warm when I served it. My parents called it cherry cobbler, and said a scoop of ice cream would really go good with it especially since it was warm. I’d cut the dessert into bars, so the recipe was promptly dubbed Cherry Cobbler Bars.
If you have a can of cherry pie filling on hand, whip up a batch of this easy dessert.Print
Cherry Cobbler Bars Recipe
Cherry Cobbler Bars is an easy dessert recipe to make with cherry pie filling.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 12
- Category: Dessert
- 1/2 cup butter (room temp)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 21 oz. can of cherry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat an 8×11 baking dish with non stick spray.
- Cream butter & sugar together, add salt, vanilla and eggs. Mix.
- Add the flour and mix well.
- Spread 2/3 of the batter on bottom of baking dish.
- Cover with cherry filling.
- Top with small dollops of the remaining batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool, then slice and serve.
Delicious on it’s own, but would go fantastic with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream!