These Sun-dried Tomato Caprese Chicken Meatball Skewers make a terrific light summer meal paired with a nice simple pasta salad. While that is exactly how we enjoyed them at my house recently, they would also make great chicken meatball appetizers when you are entertaining.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Cooked Perfect® Meatballs. All opinions are 100% mine.
Especially during summer months, I have no desire to slave over a hot stove, but I still want to enjoy great flavor combinations and keep artificial ingredients to a minimum. These easy chicken meatball appetizers were created with these factors in mind. They include fresh mozzarella and basil along with oil-packed roasted or sun-dried tomatoes and fast heating all natural Cooked Perfect® Sundried Tomato & Roasted Garlic Chicken Meatballs. Cooked Perfect Fresh Meatballs are fully cooked and only take 2 -2 ½ minutes in the microwave to heat through for serving.
Served with a simple pasta salad these chicken meatball skewers make a fantastic summer meal.
Sun-dried Tomato Caprese Chicken Meatball Skewers: Making
These chicken meatball skewers are so easy to make and can be ready in well under 10 minutes, but look like you fussed. Let me show you how simple they are to prepare. Printable recipe below. Here are all the ingredients you need to make these fresh and delicious chicken meatball skewers. Cooked Perfect Fresh Meatballs Sundried Tomato & Roasted Garlic Chicken Meatballs, small fresh mozzarella balls, oil; packed sun-dried or roasted tomatoes, large fresh basil leaves and bamboo skewers. Microwave the Cooked Perfect Fresh Meatballs for 2 -21/2 minutes. On each skewer place a piece of tomato then a mozzarella ball. Fold over a large basil leaf as you skewer it. Then poke into a meatball. That's it! The skewers are ready to serve. The repetition of the tomato and basil in the meatballs along with those on the skewer ensure there is no clash of flavors and the round shape of the mozzarella balls mimic the meatballs making for a thoughtful yet incredibly easy presentation. As you can see above they serve equally well as a meal along with pasta salad or alone as an appetizer or poolside snack for the family. Isn't most anything better on a stick 😉
Cooked Perfect Fresh Meatballs
With Cooked Perfect Fresh Meatballs, there is no need to order take-out on hectic summer nights. You can have dinner on the table in just a few minutes, right from your kitchen. The meatballs come fully cooked in a microwave steam pouch. Don't mistake their speed for junk food though, these meatballs are made from select meats, fresh ingredients and contain no artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives. To make things even easier each package come with two quick & easy recipes right on the package. Cooked Perfect Fresh Meatballs come in four flavors:
- Italian Style Beef & Pork
- Korean BBQ Beef & Pork
- Sundried Tomato & Roasted Garlic Chicken
- Italian Style with Parmesan & Mozzarella Chicken
Find Cooked Perfect Fresh Meatballs in the refrigerated meat & poultry section and they are currently available in the Mid-Atlantic, Northeast, and Chicago areas.
Sun-dried Tomato Caprese Chicken Meatball Skewers
- 1 package Cooked Perfect Fresh Meatballs Sundried Tomato & Roasted Garlic Chicken
- oil packed sun-dried or roasted tomatoes
- 16 small mozzarella balls
- 16 large fresh basil leaves
- 16 bamboo skewers preferably 6-8"
- Microwave the Cooked Perfect Fresh Meatballs for 2 minutes.
- While the meatballs are heating, skewer the tomatoes, mozzarella and basil in that order. Fold the large basil leaves over as you skewer them.
- By the time you are done skewering, the meatballs will be heated and allowed to rest a short time, so pop the bag open or cut with scissors and dump into a shallow bowl or pie plate. Poke each meatball with a skewer and plate to serve.