I’ve deemed this garbanzo bean dip, Tuscan Bean dip due to it’s inclusion of some Italian flavors. There really isn’t more to it than that.
I decided to make this Tuscan garbanzo bean dip with on hand ingredients. While I would have chosen lemon, lime is what I had and it worked. Use whichever you prefer.
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbs fresh lime juice or lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp curry powder or tumeric
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 30 oz garbanzo beans two 15 oz. cans (drain one, leave liquid in the other)
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes not in oil
- 2 - 3 tbs. fresh basil chopped
- Mince the garlic in food processor.
- Add oil. Pulse a few times.
- Add the garbanzo beans and spices. Pulse until the dip is smooth in texture.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes & basil. Pulse until finely chopped.
- Scoop dip into container for serving.
Great make ahead dip for parties.