The Classic Tequila Sunrise Punch is always sure to be a hit at any party.
Tequila Sunrise Punch Recipe: History
The Tequila Sunrise punch is a classic retro cocktail recipe from the 1970’s. While there was another drink by the name decades earlier, the two cocktails share only a name. The familiar tequila, orange juice, and grenadine drink most of us are familiar with was actually created for a party to kick off a Rolling Stones band tour. The band has a lot to do with the ensuing popularity of the oh-so-well-known Tequila Sunrise cocktail.
Tequila Sunrise punch is the perfect retro cocktail to serve at a 70’s party or simply because it is refreshing and delicious. Put up some paper lanterns, some 70’s tunes, light up the grill and make some of these cocktails. You will soon have a “groovy” “happening” party on your hands.
- 2 oz tequila
- Lots of ice
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 oz grenadine syrup
- 1 maraschino cherry for garnish
- Pour the tequila in tall glass, then top with ice.
- Pour the orange juice over the top without mixing. Then pineapple juice.
- Finally carefully pour in the grenadine, which will sink to the bottom.
- Top with a cherry, orange slice or pineapple slice as desired and serve immediately.