Strawberry Pecan Chicken Salad with Green Tea Citrus Vinaigrette is a quick summer meal you will want again & again!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Lipton. The opinions and text are all mine.
Summer is finally here and refreshing easy to make meals are what we crave, especially after a day at the beach or park with friends and family. This recipe is meant for moments like that, but could of course be enjoyed anytime. There is no cooking involved in this recipe beyond using the microwave for making the dressing. I specifically wanted something that was a smarter more upscale alternative to take-out. The ingredients for this recipe can quickly be grabbed at the market on the way back home. This special meal can be ready from start to finish in just 10 minutes!
Fresh spinach, strawberries & scallions, team with rotisserie, pecans and an easy vinaigrette featuring the same Lipton Green Tea Citrus Iced Tea that will be served with it as a beverage. Friends can help with the simple prep and everyone will enjoy a fresh unique meal. Most of us haven’t experienced tea in a salad dressing, but trust me the somewhat unusual flavor choice really works in this salad.
Making the Strawberry Pecan Chicken Salad with Green Tea Citrus Vinaigrette
The bottled Lipton Green Tea Citrus Iced Tea not only has the tea flavor I wanted for this recipe, it also provides the slight sweetness the dressing needs and a nice citrus touch. I reduced the bottled tea in the microwave by 2/3rds, which took 6-7 minutes (done in intervals). While the tea was reducing the strawberries and scallions were sliced, the rotisserie chicken was broken up and other dressing ingredients were gathered.
As soon as the tea is reduced, mix up the dressing.
Assemble the salad.
Shake up the vinaigrette dressing and drizzle over the salad to serve.
Pour some nice cold glasses of Lipton Green Tea Citrus Iced Tea to go with the salad. I chose to garnish with limes and fresh strawberries to tie in with the salad.
The 128 oz jug of Lipton Iced Tea is perfect for gatherings of family and friends and the individual bottles are handy as well.
Strawberry Pecan Chicken Salad with Green Tea Citrus Vinaigrette a Fun Quick Summer Meal
- baby spinach
- rotisserie chicken
- sliced fresh strawberries
- sliced scallions
- 3/4 cup of Lipton Green Tea Citrus Iced Tea
- 1 tsp whole grain mustard
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Place the Lipton Iced tea Green Tea Citrus in glass measuring cup. Microwave for 1 1/2 minutes, then in 30 sec to 1 minute intervals until reduced to 1/4 of a cup (takes 6-7 minutes, prep salad while reducing the tea).
- Stir in the mustard, sea salt, and lime juice, then either whisk in the oil or use a funnel to pour mixture and oil into a bottle to shake vigorously.
- Fill bowl or platter with baby spinach.
- Top with chicken, strawberries, pecans, and scallions, then drizzle with the vinaigrette dressing to serve.