If you are looking for festive holiday appetizers, try these Christmas Deviled eggs. The deviled egg filling is made with healthy avocado rather than mayonnaise too! A perfect easy keto appetizer for the holidays. Each deviled egg half has just one net gram of carbohydrates.
Christmas Deviled Eggs – Keto Holiday Appetizer
This easy holiday appetizer is inexpensive to make and so very festive. The recipe is even more appealing since the deviled eggs are keto friendly appetizers. It seems everyone is on the keto diet these days, so having a few compliant dishes is a great idea when entertaining. They are also good for those following a gluten free diet.
How to Make Holiday Deviled Eggs
Here are all the ingredients you will need to make the appetizers. Peel and rinse the boiled eggs, then cut each in half. Reserve 3 of the yolks and discard the other 3.
Mash together the avocado with the egg yolks along with the seasonings.
A food processor or strong blender works best.
Scoop the filling mixture into a piping bag.
Pipe the avocado filling into the hollow of each egg white half.
Garnish with chopped tomato and cilantro for a festive holiday look.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs peeled
- 1 large avocado
- 3 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: cayenne pepper to taste
- For Garnish:
- 1 small tomato diced small
- Extra cilantro leaves
- Slice the eggs in half lengthwise and place on a platter. Remove the yolks and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add avocado, lime, cilantro, egg yolks from 3 whole yolks (discard the remaining yolks), salt and pepper to taste and optional cayenne pepper. Mash with a fork until smooth. Optional: If using a piping bag and tip to fill the eggs, place the ingredients in a small food processor and pulse until smooth. This gives a smoother consistency and breaks down the cilantro better, which will avoid clogging the piping tip when adding the filling. Skip this step if you are simply spooning in the filling.
- If piping the filling into the eggs, spoon the mixture into a piping bag fitted with a large star tip.
- Fill each egg with avocado filling.
- Garnish with 2 cilantro leaves and 2-3 diced tomato pieces to resemble Christmas Holly.
- Refrigerate eggs until ready to serve.