This Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake recipe is kicked up a notch with the addition of a layer of fudge. Ooey Gooey delicious is the result! This make just be the ultimate easy dessert for anyone who loves chocolate covered cherries.
Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake
This dump cake may not be the prettiest cake you make anytime soon, but it is mighty tasty. It’s super easy to make too. Even with the addition of the rich fudge layer, the recipe is only 4 ingredients! It only takes about 5 minutes to prepare for the oven.
If you are a bit incredulous about how that works out, no worries, I have step-by-step visual directions below (perfect for new cooks or those who learn better visually).
Fudge Dump Cake
Honestly, I probably would have just made a standard 3 ingredient chocolate cherry dump cake had it not been for how delicious the Caramel Apple Dump Cake I made recently came out. I thought why not elevate the chocolatiness of this dessert. The additions was a big hit and if you like topping your dump cake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or big dollop of whipped cream like I do, the combination is awesome.
How to Make Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake
Here is that visual walk through of the chocolate cherry dump cake recipe that I promised you. A full printable recipe card is below also.
First, apply non-stick cooking spray to the inside of your baking dish and preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Dump your canned cherry pie filling into the baking pan and spread it out.
Now slather half a jar of fudge sauce over the cherries.
Pour chocolate cake mix on top and spread it out.
Finally, drizzle melted butter over the top of the dry cake mix. It will soak in during the baking process and create a delicious crust.
Bake for 35-40 minutes until top of cake is firm to touch.
Cool for 10 minutes for a hot cake or cool to room temperature. Top with ice cream or whipped cream to serve.
I this this cherries and chocolate dessert would be great served anytime, but it would be perfect for a Valentine’s or Christmas dessert.
If you are looking for more easy recipes for desserts check out some of my other dump cakes.
Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake Recipe
- 21 oz can of cherry pie filling
- 6 oz fudge sauce , 1/2 of most available jars
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter , 1 1/2 sticks
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat the inside of a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Scoop the cherry pie filling from can into the dish and spread it out to cover the bottom.
- Slather on a layer of fudge sauce over the cherries.
- Pour dry chocolate cake mix over the chocolate and cherries. Spread it out evenly.
- Melt the butter in a microwave safe container and drizzle over the top, distributing evenly.
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes, until the cake forms a crust. Check it after about 15 minutes and push the butter around on top if big areas of cake are staying dry.
- Allow to cool a few minutes before serving.