Crockpot Spaghetti Sauce
In the heat of summer, standing over a sauce pot and heating my kitchen up is not my idea of a good time. Homemade meat sauce is so much tastier than jarred though, and giving the sauce time for the flavors to meld over the heat is important. This is why having an easy Crockpot Spaghetti Sauce recipe on hand is very helpful this time of year. Your family can enjoy a nice hearty meat sauce on their pasta for dinner, without heating up the kitchen.
How to Make Crockpot Spaghetti Sauce with Meat
Here is a quick visual walk-through of how to make the Crockpot Spaghetti Sauce Recipe. The full recipe is below.
First the meat, onions and garlic are browned in a skillet & well drained.
Chop up the peppers while the meat is browning.
Put everything for the spaghetti sauce in the crockpot to simmer.
Enjoy homemade crockpot spaghetti sauce over your favorite pasta for dinner.
Looking for other easy family friendly slow cooker recipes? Try my Crockpot Meatloaf, Crock Pot Corn Casserole or Chicken Bolognese.
[amazon_link asins='B06Y25854T,B07GH89F6H,B00IE76Q7M,B0012UY6XO|B000KERJ4Q,B071F9J5V2,B0765CN7CM' template='ProductCarousel' store='momf04-20|momfoodie-20' marketplace='US|CA' link_id='34e8291b-2df8-46ed-8602-ae3e58ba7b0a']
Crockpot Spaghetti Sauce - Crock Pot Meat Sauce Recipe
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 lb Italian Sausage
- 1 cup minced Onion
- 1 tablespoon minced Garlic
- 8 oz Mini Sweet Peppers stems and seeds removed
- 45 oz Diced Tomatoes drained
- 24 oz Tomato Sauce
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 2 teaspoon Basil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat a large skillet to medium-high. Crumble and brown ground beef and sausage, along with onion and garlic, then drain excess fat.
- Place browned meat mixture into slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients to the crock pot.
- Cover and simmer on low for 8 hours or cook high for 4 hours.