This Lemon Balm and Summer Veggie Tabouli recipe is one great way to use up some of that Lemon Balm you have taking over your garden. Don't curse it's abundance. Eat it!
I've shared Lemon Balm recipes a few times in the past, and I'm sure it will make an appearance again here before the summer ends. I also have a lot of easy vegetarian and bulgur recipes too, if that is what you are looking for today.
Serve this summer salad with simple dishes such as Blackened Salmon or Mediterranean Chicken Wraps. It would also be nice on a mezze platter with hummus, marinated labneh balls, pita bread and grilled vegetables. A summer cocktail or fruity iced tea would be good beverage choices.
Lemon Balm and Summer Veggie Tabouli Salad Recipe
- ½ cup lemon balm finely chopped
- 1 ½ cups tomato chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed/minced
- 1 zucchini diced
- 1 yellow pepper diced
- ¼ cup sweet onion fine diced
- ¾ teaspoon Kosher or Sea salt
- 3 tbs lemon juice fresh squeezed
- 2 tbs olive oil
- ½ cup wheat bulgur
- Mix the ingredients together, roughly in order of appearance. Adding the bulgur last.
- Cover and refrigerate a minimum of 4 hours, longer is better, but the bulgur will be tender enough to eat at that point.