These homemade Green Tea and Ginger Chocolates are a perfect little pick-me-up after a filling meal. They have an ample dose of matcha (powdered green tea) and a subtle kick of ginger. The combo is energizing and pretty good for the digestion as well. While sweet, these are probably not going to be a kid favorite, and one or two is all one needs.
How to Make Green Tea and Ginger Chocolate
Here is a quick visual walk though of the simple process of making these homemade chocolates. Full recipe below.
Microwave in short increments, stirring between each, until smooth and creamy. Stir in minced crystallized ginger.
Enjoy after dinner or whenever you want a little pick me up. Each chocolate contains a hearty dose of green tea.
Get Your Supplies
Starter Matcha (16oz) – USDA Organic, Kosher & Non-GMO Certified, Vegan and Gluten-Free. Pure Matcha Green Tea Powder. Incredible Flavor, Delicate Aroma, Natural Energy Booster and Fat BurnerFrontier Ginger, Crystallized Slices, 16 Ounce BagViva Naturals The Finest Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, 16 OunceMerckens White 1 lb Bag
Green Tea and Ginger Chocolates Recipe
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 4 tsp matcha powdered green tea
- 2 tbs crystallized ginger minced
- mini muffin tin with liners or small chocolate molds
- Place white chocolate chips, coconut oil, and matcha powder in microwave safe container.
- Microwave for 40 seconds, then then stir. Repeat in 20 second increments, until chocolate is smooth.
- Add the minced ginger, stir, then microwave another 10-15 seconds and stir one last time.
- Carefully, fill liners 2/3 full or fill chocolate mold.
- Gently tap the tin on hard surface to even out the tops of chocolates.
- Cool completely until chocolate is firm.