These homemade Green Tea and Ginger Chocolates are a perfect little pick-me-up after a filling meal.
The chocolates have an ample dose of matcha (powdered green tea) and a subtle kick of ginger. The combo is energizing and pretty good for the digestion as well. While sweet, these are probably not going to be a kid favorite, and one or two is all one needs.
How to Make Green Tea and Ginger Chocolate
Here is a quick visual walk though of the simple process of making these homemade chocolates. Full recipe below.
White chocolate, coconut oil and green tea powder are placed in a microwave-safe container.
Microwave in short increments, stirring between each, until smooth and creamy. Stir in minced crystallized ginger.
Scoop into lined mini-muffin tin or chocolate mold. Allow to cool.
Enjoy after dinner or whenever you want a little pick me up. Each chocolate contains a hearty dose of green tea.
Looking for more fun Matcha Recipes? Try my Matcha Green Tea Cookies or Matcha Green Tea Lemonade (with keto version). I also have a Keto Matcha Cupcakes with Green Tea Frosting recipe.
Green Tea and Ginger Chocolates Recipe
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 4 teaspoon matcha powdered green tea
- 2 tbs crystallized ginger minced
- mini muffin tin with liners or small chocolate molds
- Place white chocolate chips, coconut oil, and matcha powder in microwave safe container.
- Microwave for 40 seconds, then then stir. Repeat in 20 second increments, until chocolate is smooth.
- Add the minced ginger, stir, then microwave another 10-15 seconds and stir one last time.
- Carefully, fill liners ⅔ full or fill chocolate mold.
- Gently tap the tin on hard surface to even out the tops of chocolates.
- Cool completely until chocolate is firm.
Oh YUM! That was easier than I thought. I bet it's a great pick me up.
Interesting. I'm not a big fan of green tea or ginger, but I drink both on occasion. I've never thought of combining the two.
Elizabeth Ferree says
Honestly I had to re-read it all when I read green mold haha. This looks like something I need to try, with the kids I always feel low energy. You make it look so easy too and I love your step by step.
Creative approach to incorporate green tea and chocolate. I like both ingredients so combining it makes sense.
Brenda Brown says
I would have never thought of that combination!
Sara P. (@SensiblySara) says
I think my sister-in-law would LOVE these! And I still need a Christmas gift for her. THANKS!!
These look yummy!