Green Tea Smoothie
The matcha green tea smoothie recipe I am sharing with you today is vegan yet very satisfying thanks to the chia seeds used to make it.
- Matcha green tea is a Japanese powdered tea made from the most select green tea leaves and finely ground. It will dissolve right into cold beverages with just a little mixing.
- Chia seeds thicken the beverage and add loads of fiber which are just a couple of the many benefits of chia seeds.
Matcha Green Tea Smoothie
The vegan Chia Green Tea Smoothie teams non-dairy milk with other health-minded ingredients to create a low calorie energy boosting beverage that will satisfy. It is sweetened only with stevia powder and the natural sugars present in a banana. It boasts a whopping 10 grams of fiber in a serving, and the matcha powder green tea will provide an energy and metabolism boost. The recipe can also be made as a pudding, by simply boosting the quantity of chia seeds to 2 tbs and leaving to sit in refrigerator for a couple hours.
Like most people these days, I’m trying to eat healthier and smarter. Silk products help me do just that, especially my favorite product of theirs unsweetened almond milk (I buy both their original and vanilla). It is low in calories, high in calcium, non-dairy and can be readily sweetened with stevia or other natural sweeteners when I choose. It doesn’t weigh me down like milk products, nor does it coat my palette like milk can, yet it still satisfies my need for creaminess in beverages, cereal and recipes. I also love that Silk products are GMO free (those not clearly labeled with the certification, are currently going through the process for approval).
This Matcha Green Tea smoothie is vegan and features chia seeds.
- 1 1/2 cups Silk Unsweetened Almond Milk Original or Vanilla
- 1 medium banana sliced (frozen or not)
- 1/2 tsp matcha green tea powder
- 1 tbs chia seeds
- 1 scoop 45ml stevia extract powder*
- Add ingredients to blender in order of appearance, then pulse until smooth.
- If bananas are not frozen you may like to add a couple ice cubes.
- Allow to sit a minute before drinking so the chia can start to thicken.
*if using a stevia erythritol blend (ie. Truvia or Swerve) use a single serve packet
Save Money on Silk & Stay “In the Know”
Want to learn more about how Silk can help you and your family BLOOM, with their dairy free products? Sign up for their monthly email blasts. You will get a 75¢ off coupon good on any Silk half gallon, just for signing up, and more delivered regularly (including a special birthday offer). Each month you will have a chance to win a year’s supply of Silk, and you’ll be the first to get the low down on new sweepstakes and promotions from the brand.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.