This vegan Matcha Green Tea Smoothie with chia seeds is fun, tasty and nutruitious!
Green Tea Smoothie
The matcha green tea smoothie recipe I am sharing with you today is vegan yet very satisfying thanks to the chia seeds used to make it.
- Matcha green tea is a Japanese powdered tea made from the most select green tea leaves and finely ground. It will dissolve right into cold beverages with just a little mixing.
- Chia seeds thicken the beverage and add loads of fiber which are just a couple of the many benefits of chia seeds.
Matcha Green Tea Smoothie
The vegan Chia Green Tea Smoothie teams non-dairy milk with other health-minded ingredients to create a low calorie energy boosting beverage that will satisfy. It is sweetened only with stevia powder and the natural sugars present in a banana. It boasts a whopping 10 grams of fiber in a serving, and the matcha powder green tea will provide an energy and metabolism boost. The recipe can also be made as a pudding, by simply boosting the quantity of chia seeds to 2 tbs and leaving to sit in refrigerator for a couple hours.
More Recipes you may like
This Matcha Green Tea smoothie is vegan and features chia seeds.
- 1 1/2 cups Unsweetened Almond Milk Original or Vanilla
- 1 medium banana sliced (frozen or not)
- 1/2 tsp matcha green tea powder
- 1 tbs chia seeds
- 1 scoop 45ml stevia extract powder*
- Add ingredients to blender in order of appearance, then pulse until smooth.
- If bananas are not frozen you may like to add a couple ice cubes.
- Allow to sit a minute before drinking so the chia can start to thicken.
*if using a stevia erythritol blend (ie. Truvia or Swerve) use a single serve packet