Want to make some cute DIY Halloween candy? This Halloween Ghost Chocolate Bark is oh so spooky and perfect for both entertaining and gifting. Kids will love it, I know my daughter certainly did. This best part is you don’t need any fancy molds or equipment to make this cute homemade Halloween candy.
All you need to make this Ghost Chocolate Bark for Halloween is candy melts (and some sprinkles if you like), and a few common kitchen items.
The bark stores easily at room temperature and can be made ahead of time. If holding for more than a couple days, pack in an airtight container.
Halloween Ghost Chocolate Bark: DIY Halloween Candy
Halloween Ghost Chocolate Bark is a fun DIY Halloween Candy to make at home.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 1 bag of orange or purple candy melts
- 1/2 cup white candy melts
- 1/4 cup black candy melts
- Halloween candy sprinkles ** optional**
- baking sheet
- parchment paper or silicone baking mat
- 1 medium bowl
- 2 small bowls
- 3 spoons
- silicone spatula
- 2 chopsticks (or similar type stick)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the full (orange or purple bag of candy melts in the medium sized bowl. Microwave for 40 seconds, then stir. Repeat in 20-30 second intervals until candy is about 80% melted. Remove the candy from the microwave and continue to stir. By not entirely melting the candy, it allows for a sort of tempering, so the candy will have sheen and ensures it would over cook and get ruined.
- Pour the melted candy out onto the parchment paper and spread until about 1/3 of an inch thick.
- Now heat the white chocolate candy melts. The smaller amount will melt much quicker, so be watchful. Once again, do not fully melt make sure the candy comes out well.
- Once melted, drop teaspoon size dollops of the white candy melt on the colored melt,distributing across the surface relatively evenly and allowing for space to spread a little and drag tails. Once they are all on, drag a tail for each ghost with a chopstick. Wipe in between each. Then gently rap the baking sheet on the counter to even out the chocolate surface. **if you want to add sprinkles do so now, taking care not to get them on the white
- Allow the chocolate bark to cool for a few minutes until somewhat firm, then melt the small amount of black candy in a small bowl. Use a chopstick to apply the eyes and moth of each ghost. . Make sure to space the eyes apart and make the mouth a bit larger and longer.
- Gently rap the baking sheet on counter to even out the ghost features.
- Allow to completely cool before serving. To serve just break off pieces.
If you want arms on your ghosts, just drag some of the white chocolate up on each side while making the tails.
More Halloween Party Food Ideas!